A sewing machine is an investment and something that you’ll use on a regular basis if you enjoy crafting or repairing things at home; so finding the right one for you is important!
In this blog post, we will review the Best sewing machine in India for beginners.
Furthermore, we will also provide you with a buying guide on how to choose and use your new home sewing machine. Also, we will cover some of the advantages, safety tips, and most frequently asked questions that you may have about sewing machines.
We hope this blog post inspires you to take that leap and purchase your first home sewing machine!
List of Best sewing machine in India for home use
Below is a list of the best sewing machine in India for home use with price.
|Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine with 14 Stitch Function (White...||₹ 12,150 ₹ 9,234||Buy on Amazon|
|Singer 4423 HEAVY DUTY Electric Sewing Machine, grey||Buy on Amazon|
|Singer FM 8280 Motorised Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine, 8 Built-in Stitches, 24 Stitches...||₹ 14,000 ₹ 12,000||Buy on Amazon|
|Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine with 21 Stitch Function(White)...||₹ 18,800 ₹ 14,600||Buy on Amazon|
1) Usha Janome Dream Stitch Electric Sewing Machine
USHA Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine is one of the most user-friendly sewing machines that you can find in India for home use. In addition to being easy to use, this machine is compact and gives precise results every time you use it.
The sewingmachine offers seven applications, including lace fixing, quilting, smocking, and rolled hemming, and includes seven built-in stitches, including the buttonhole stitch, as well as a dial for selecting the pattern of stitching.
In addition, an extra lift of the pressure foot facilitates quilting as well. This means that you can sew or hem your clothes in no time at all. With this sewing machine, you will be able to sew at a speed of 550 stitches per minute and it takes up very little space so it can easily be stored in corners.
Usha Janome Dream Stitch Sewing Machine Features:
- Automatic Zig-Zag Sewing Machine with Compact Free Arm.
- Seven Built-In-Stitches Including Button Hole Stitch.
- Seven Applications Including Lace Fixing, Quilting, Smocking & Rolled Hemming.
- Bobbin System: Auto Tripping, Button Hole Sewing
- Thread Tension Control: Manual, Stitch Pattern Selector & Dial Type.
- 7 Built-in Stitches & 14 Stitch Function Including 4-Step Button Holing; Seven Applications Including Lace Fixing, Quilting, Smocking & Rolled Hemming.
- Auto Tripping Bobbin System, Drop Feed for Embroidery & Manual Needle Threading; Sewing Light.
- Sewing Speed: 550 SPM (Stitches per Minute), Stitch Length Control & Triple Strength Stitch.
2) Singer 4423 Automatic Sewing Machine
The Singer 4423 sewing machine is designed for sewing projects that require a lot of weight, such as denim or canvas. Thanks to its powerful motor, this machine can sew at an extremely fast pace. By adjusting the pressure of the presser foot, you can also sew very lightweight sheers with the stainless steel bedplate, and your fabrics will glide over the bedplate with ease.
In fact, you can accomplish all of this regardless of whether what you want to do is create original costumes, sew unique garments, or decide to change the decor of your home with decorative pillows and curtains. Furthermore, the Singer sewing assistant app allows you to be able to get help anytime you want, so you can learn how to set up your machine to sew various fabrics and different techniques whenever you want.
Singer 4423 Automatic Sewing Machine Features:
- Top drop-in bobbin with clear view cover
- Adjustable presser foot pressure control
- Fully automatic 1-step buttonhole
- Free arm
- Adjustable stitch length
- Automatic reverse: Automatically sew in reverse and reinforce stitches
- Three needle positions
- 6mm stitch width
- Snap-on presser feet
- Automatic needle threader
- Extra-high presser foot lifter
3) Singer 8280 Sewing Machine Review
With its 24 stitch options and a stitch width that reaches up to 5 mm, the Singer 8280 Sewing machine is the perfect sewing machine for experimenting with new designs, getting new ideas, and creating lovely designs all in the comfort of your own home.
As it is made of a heavy-duty metal frame and comes with a strong motor, it is able to sew through bulky fabrics with ease. A 4-Step Buttonholer, Automatic Needle Threader and 2-year comprehensive warranty are also included with the Singer 8280 Sewing Machine. Cuffs, sleeves and collars can be easily sewn with the machine’s removable arm, as well as easy access to convenient storage inside.
Last but not least, the extension table has lots of storage space, which is perfect for conveniently storing machine accessories and sewing essentials like needles and thread.
Singer 8280 Sewing Machine Features:
- 24 Built-in Stitch Functions
- 7 Built In Stitch Patterns
- Automatic Needle Threader
- For a wide variety of sewing, You will have the perfect stitch for every project.
- Simply turn the dial and choose from one of the 7 available stitches in the machine
- 4-Step Buttonholer
- Helps you to make Buttonholes in seconds with easy 4-Step Buttonholer.
- Stay Bright LED Light for Optimal Viewing
- Removes hindrances while stitching during late nights.
- Easy Pattern Selection with Dial
- Makes it simpler to quickly select the desired pattern.
- Oscillating Shuttle Mechanism (Half Shuttle)
- Max Stitch Width: 5mm
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- 2 Years Warranty
4) Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Sewing Machine
4th Position in our list of “Best sewing machine for home use in India” goes to Usha Janome Wonder Stitch sewing machine. The Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine allows you to give your talents a form.
For your convenience, there are 13 built-in stitching functions as well as one buttonhole stitch. Furthermore, it is equipped with a free arm machine that can utilise circular stitching. Featuring a sewing speed of 860 SPM, this machine will get your stitching done in a flash. What’s more, Usha Wonder Stitch sewing machine comes in a lightweight design, making it extremely convenient to carry and 2 year comprehensive warranty.
Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Sewing Machine Features:
- Automatic zig-zag sewing machine with free arm for ease of circular stitching
- Sewing Speed : 860SPM (Stitches per Minute)
- 13 built in stitches including button hole
- Eight including stretch stitching, button fixing, rolled hemming, smocking, blind stitch hemming and zip fixing
- Electric Sewing Machines
- 24 Months Warranty
5) Brother CS6000I Computerized Sewing Machine
The Brother CS6000i is one of the most popular sewing machine for beginners on the market. It can be used to sew clothes, form cuffs, sew decorative stitches to make quilts, and sew decorative stitches to make clothes. In addition to 60 stitch patterns, high-speed computer processing power and numerous other features, the Brother CS6000i brings a great deal of value for your money.
Moreover, threading is simple thanks to its automatic needle threader as well as its easy bobbin winder. With its free arm and oversized table, this machine offers a great option for quilters as well.
Buying Guide For Buying Stitching Machine:
Before you buy a sewing machine for home use, there are some key features that are important to think about. Let me walk you through the process of choosing a sewing machine.
– Type of sewing machine: There are two main types of sewing machines – computerized and mechanical. Mechanical models work with a foot pedal, while electronic ones operate via touch screens or buttons.
– Type of sewing: Will you be mostly doing dressmaking, quilting or other types? While all machines can do most jobs with some practice and skill, this is an important question to answer before investing in a machine.
– Size: What size of machine do you need? Do you want a portable option or are there some weight restrictions in the home that will limit your choice? This is important to work out before looking for a sewing machine.
– Features: Do you want an automatic needle threader? A free arm for sleeves and trouser legs? Different types of stitches (straight, zigzag)? You’ll need to decide what features are important to you before starting your search.
– Maintenance: How do you want to maintain your machine? Do you have a sewing space near the machine that can be used for storage, or is it just about convenience and portability? There are some models where all of these considerations come into account.
– Accessories: What accessories do you need in order to sew effectively? Will this include a sewing table, storage for your thread or an ironing board?
– Budget: What is your budget? If you’re a beginner at sewing, it may be worth investing in something more expensive as this will mean you’ll have less problems with the machine. But if money’s tight and you just want an affordable option then go for that.
– Sewing Machine Warranty: It’s important to find out how long of a warranty the company offers before you buy your sewing machine because it will help protect against any defects or malfunctions that may occur while using it.
Advantages of Having a Sewing Machine:
- Convenient: You can make clothes more quickly with a machine. The sewing process is much faster than other methods such as hand-stitching, and the speed at which you can operate your sewing machine will depend on how well you know it.
- Cost-Effective: Sewing machines are also cost-effective, as they can save you a lot of money when compared to ready-made clothes.
- Creativity: Sewing machines also allow for creativity, as you have the ability to customize and alter your fashions.
- Versatile: Sewing machines can be used for a variety of tasks, such as sewing hems, finishing edges or even embroidery.
- Portable: Finally, the best part about a sewing machine is that it’s easily portable and fits in your home.
Safety Tips for Sewing Machines:
Sewing machines can be dangerous if not used correctly. The following are some safety tips to keep in mind when using a sewing machine:
- Always use the appropriate needle size for the fabric type and weight of thread, as well as the speed setting on your machine.
- To prevent tangling or breaking threads, always use a spool holder to hold your thread in place when you’re sewing, or wind it onto a bobbin.
- Never sew over pins that are left in the fabric or sewing machine.
- To avoid pinching fingers with the needle bar, pull the material out from under it as you’re approaching so it passes safely by without touching any part of your hand.
- If you’re making a straight stitch, never sew over or under the loop of thread on the spool pin.
- When sewing thick fabrics, set your machine to its largest zigzag width and make sure that it’s threaded with a needle for heavy-duty work.
- When sewing with a decorative stitch, set the machine for its widest straight zigzag and use thicker embroidery thread.
- When sewing bulky seams, set the machine for its widest zigzag.
- To avoid getting needle marks on your fabric or threading problems with the bobbin and spool holder, always lower that part of the machine before you make a stitch.
- Always use extra caution when working around children and pets who could get injured with the machine.
- Always unplug your sewing machine when not in use, and never leave it unattended while plugged in or turned on.
- Never sew over pins that are left in the fabric being sewn, and never leave them inside of your sewing machine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sewing Machines:
Here are some of the most common questions about home sewing machines and their answers for you to read before making any decisions about what will suit your needs best.
What are the different sewing stitches available for home machines?
There are a variety of different stitches that you can choose from, depending on what your needs are. Some examples include the straight stitch and zigzag stitch while others may have different variations such as decorative or buttonhole stitches. A good rule is to read up on which one will be best for your project before making any final decisions about which machine to buy.
What are some specific signs that my sewing machine might be worn out?
The number one indicator that your sewing machine is worn out and needs to be replaced is if it starts skipping stitches. This can indicate the timing has become off, which will need to be adjusted or repaired by a professional, but if you are not sure what you should do then just take it in for a tune-up!
Do I need to use the presser foot every time while using the sewing machine?
No, but it is wise to use the presser foot when sewing thick fabrics like denim or upholstery. The presser foot will keep the fabric taut and in place while you are sewing. It also prevents excessive wear on your machine’s feed dog that can lead to skipped stitches and broken threads.
What can I do if my silai machine starts making too much noise?
There can be various reasons why a sewing machine is making an excessive amount of noise. Perhaps the needle has become dull and needs to be replaced or there might be too much tension on the thread. The best way to identify where the problem lies is by checking for any obstructions that may have gotten into your hook, bobbin area or around your presser foot mechanism at its base.
Why is the reverse stitch function of my sewing machine not working properly?
If the reverse stitch function of your sewing machine is not working properly, then it may be due to a loose connection with the presser foot. You should make sure that there are no obstructions lodged in the base of where your presser foot mechanism connects to your needle plate or near any other metal components like the bobbin area and hook.
Conclusion: After reading this article, you will be able to make an informed decision about which sewing machine best suits your needs. You should also have a better understanding of what to look for when buying the right sewing machine and how to use it safely. There are many available options on the market today with varying price points and features so we hope that this post has helped clarify some of those differences–we wish you all the luck in finding just the perfect one!